Re: Wind protection for mic

Subject: Re: Wind protection for mic
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:00:18 EST
In a message dated 2/21/02 4:13:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
 writes:

> I initially used the foam cover that was suppled with the mic
> but then invested in a "fluffy dog" Rycote Softy because I found that some
> environments were too windy. I've been less than impressed with the
> Rycoyte's performance (although it is definitely a step up from the supplied
> foam) and find it often unacceptable bulky.

Dear Callan,

What have been the problems with the Rycote Softy? I tried one on my last
trip to Ecuador and was pleased, but the conditions were not too horrible.
Was it unable to stop wind noise or did it prevent good sounds from coming in?

Thanks..always looking!

John
John V. Moore Nature Recordings

John V. Moore Nature recordings