RE: Re: Wind protection for mic

Subject: RE: Re: Wind protection for mic
From: "Gordon Hempton" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:55:17 -0800
Sounds like an innovative idea and  a fine replacement for the "hog-hair"
rain screen, too.  If I have to record in the wind, then I study the
understory leaves, looking for the leaves that aren't moving, or just
shimmering slightly. You can uses find at least a few odd-balls even during
a storm.  Work from there and hope for the best en lieu of getting
complicated with windscreens and gear.  Even during a slight stir of the
forest canopy in there is such a clatter compared to the clear and beautiful
still conditions at dawn! Unless your work requires otherwise, go for the
calm periods of the day, even if that means adding a few days to your trip.