mammals-aus

mammal and general critter hide outs in the Top End (N.T and W.A)

Subject: mammal and general critter hide outs in the Top End (N.T and W.A)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:17:38 +1000
Euan,

Good luck. I cannot believe you've never seen a northern quoll! Litchefield
is crawling with them - Kakadu used to be. But there are heaps around
Cooktown - Charlie reckons he counted 28 one night driving back to his
place from town! N quolls are common in the Kimberley too.

They are trapping mammals at Mornington station from 1 to 12 August I
believe. Not that many mammals there but ningbings and long-tailed
planigales are two of the better ones. I hope to get over there for that

good luck again!

cheers

Jon Hall
ACT regional office
ABS

02 6207 0283 - phone
02 6207 0282 - fax

             Euan Ritchie

             au
             Sent by:

                                       cc
             ps.com

                                  Subject
                                           [mammals-aus] mammal and general
critter hide outs in the Top End    (N.T and
             10/06/2005 12:00 PM           W.A)

               Please respond to

                    ps.com

Dear All,

I am about to embark on a 2 month 4wd trip across from
Townsville through to the N.T and Kimberley region of W.A,
as part of my studies on antilopine wallaroos. Naturally I
am very keen to see the many other fabulous animals that
occur in this region as well during this period. Jon Hall
has already been a great help, but I thought I'd ask this
list collectively to increase my knowledge prior to the
trip. Below is a list of "the most wanted", if anybody could
please help with sites and tips for seeing any or all of
these species, I'd be most appreciative.

Mammals:
Northern Quoll
Brush-tailed phascogale
Fawn Antechinus