mammals-aus

mammal and general critter hide outs in the Top End (N.T and W.A)

Subject: mammal and general critter hide outs in the Top End (N.T and W.A)
From: Euan Ritchie <>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:00:18 +1000
Dear All,

I am about to embark on a 2 month 4wd trip across from
Townsville through to the N.T and Kimberley region of W.A,
as part of my studies on antilopine wallaroos. Naturally I
am very keen to see the many other fabulous animals that
occur in this region as well during this period. Jon Hall
has already been a great help, but I thought I'd ask this
list collectively to increase my knowledge prior to the
trip. Below is a list of "the most wanted", if anybody could
please help with sites and tips for seeing any or all of
these species, I'd be most appreciative.

Mammals:
Northern Quoll
Brush-tailed phascogale
Fawn Antechinus