canberrabirds

White-winged Trillers

To: "" <>
Subject: White-winged Trillers
From: calyptorhynchus via Canberrabirds <>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 20:19:03 +0000
Oh well, hope they do well this year.

John L

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 at 22:31, Richard Allen via Canberrabirds <> wrote:
Well having surveyed the yarralumla ck corridor since 1993 ww trillers have called and displayed there during 25 springs. Best breeding success was dependent young in 2007. Generally breeding occurs along yarralumla ck in dry years when more invertebrates are available in relatively damper and productive valleys than on the drier ridges and hills. Unfortunately we have few lowland native grasslands preserved with  the majority of our local nature parks situated on exposed hills and ridges. Habitat along yarralumla creek clearly could be improved however current development proposals include access roads following creek and units along Adelaide avenue.

Richard

IMG_8526.PNG

Sent from my iPhone