canberrabirds

FW: Honeyeater migration

To: "" <>, 'Canberra birds' <>
Subject: FW: Honeyeater migration
From: Nicki Taws <>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 23:27:12 +0000

The migration seemed very busy in the warm calm fortnight around Easter, and less so since.

It would not be surprising if there were far fewer birds to migrate, given that the honeyeaters had the double whammy of severe bushfires through much of their summer breeding grounds and also through vast swathes of their winter feeding areas. I can imagine that it would take a number of good breeding years to build up to pre-fire numbers again.

Cheers

Nicki Taws

0408 210736