canberrabirds

Importance of the Chat Line

To: COG chatline <>
Subject: Importance of the Chat Line
From: Christine <>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 08:29:28 +0000
Just a few thoughts from my own (very casual) observations so far this season, and somewhat in response to Rosemary's points..

1. The bats seem to have arrived earlier than usual this summer, and are very noisy during the night - I didn't realise there was any fruit ripe yet..

2. I am not seeing as many small birds around as usual

3. The insects appear to be doing okay in general

4. Overall there have been more "rare" bird visitors to the ACT this year than the past few years

5. There is currently a lerp infestation of the Blakely's Red Gums in Canberra, this is not good for the trees in question, and does not seem to have attracted birds to eat them .. I do not know enough about this to comment further, but would like to learn more ...

I look forward to hearing other peoples observations,

Christine.