canberrabirds

Can anyone help identify this bird?

To: 'COG Chat' <>
Subject: Can anyone help identify this bird?
From: Danny McCreadie <>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 07:13:47 +0000

I offer a bit more information on what is possible. I saw this Sparrowhawk fly from the middle of the dirt road (pic1) to someone’s front yard some 40m away with the crested pigeon (pic2). Unfortunately I have no airborne pics as I was avoiding getting run over when the flight took place. So I think we all agree it is possible and, as others point out , we can’t ID the bird based on their load carrying ability. Danny