canberrabirds

Tawny Grassbird with brood patch?

To: Chris Davey <>
Subject: Tawny Grassbird with brood patch?
From: David Rees <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:03:59 +0000
Chris

I think given what we have seen in the last 36 hours that there is a breeding event going on here.  Given that, it is probably a good idea now to suggest people stay out of the long grass.  It is hard to be 'ethical' prior to the 'fact', but now we have some idea its probably a good idea to be cautious from now on.

There is however a path through the long grass beyond the mowings by Parks, its appearance suggests its been there for a long time.

As an extra - enclosed is a frame grab from another file taken this morning. In it you can see the two birds together.

David