canberrabirds

Stubble Quail

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Stubble Quail
From: Rhiannon Kiggins <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 02:30:34 +0000
Great, thanks Martin!

Rhiannon

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 at 13:22 Martin Butterfield <> wrote:
Rhiannon

At present Stubble Quail are calling all the time so get to some long grass at one of the sites shown with an orange marker in eBird and keep your ears alert for the  distinctive call.

Getting a good look at them is difficult: my usual sighting is a small body, or several thereof, erupting from long grass, hurtling through the air and landing bum first.

Martin