canberrabirds

Fuscous Honeyeater

To: 'Julie Clark' <>, 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: Fuscous Honeyeater
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:41:40 +0000

Again as always it comes down to what exactly does “common” mean, we do not have any word between common and rare, only modifiers like fairly and rather. They are easily overlooked. It is usually when they are settled in groups that they become obvious for their chattering call. Jack H covered this all in his COG talk last month. For years 3 houses within my GBS area had a row of small eucalypts that were major magnets for this species and in winter there were many of them for my GBS. By unfortunate coincidence or because these trees are difficult to have in the garden these were all removed so I only get the species in passing now.......

Philip