canberrabirds

Fuscous Honeyeater

To: 'Philip Veerman' <>
Subject: Fuscous Honeyeater
From: Nicki Taws <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 21:54:49 +0000

The Fuscous Honeyeater is now described as ‘Uncommon’ for both the ACT (see the updated checklist http://canberrabirds.org.au/publications/maps-forms-and-lists/annotated-checklist-of-the-birds-of-the-australian-capital-territory/ ) and COG’s wider Area of Interest (see the latest Annual Bird Report http://canberrabirds.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ABR2013-14FinalReportVersion2.pdf ).

The ‘Status’ field under Bird Info tab on the website has not yet been updated to reflect the latest checklist. These is a wealth of data about the Fuscous Honeyeater in this part of the website http://canberrabirds.org.au/wp-content/BirdDetailData/Fuscous%20Honeyeater.pdf . The number of records for this species goes through various peaks and troughs, the peaks often coinciding with some concerted survey effort such as the Atlas period 1986-88 and the annual Blitz, which suggests that the species can be found when you go looking in the right places.

Cheers

Nicki Taws