canberrabirds

AOI catchments [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: AOI catchments [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 03:07:36 +0000

Hi Geoff – thanks for the visuals. That fits well with my ‘feeling’ of how things lie.

But I wonder why you suggest that the Morass feeds into the Mulwaree? If Lake Bathurst is self-contained (which I agree, I think it is, perched in a depression between the Mulwaree River heading north and the many tributary creeks that flow east into the Shoalhaven), then surely the Morass, which is on the far side of Lake Bathurst from the Mulwaree, is also part of the Lake Bathurst depression (perhaps as an overflow, perhaps within its own (2) smaller depressions.

All very interesting, and just a little bit weird. I wonder if Michael Lenz, with all his years of experience surveying the area, can shed any light or provide confirmation?

Harvey

Dr Harvey Perkins

CRC Programme Liaison Officer

Phone +61 2 6213 7472