canberrabirds

Rufous Fantail

To: "'Barbara Preston'" <>, "'Canberra birds'" <>
Subject: Rufous Fantail
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:21:47 +1100
Your mystery bird a week or so ago - little smaller than a Magpie-Lark, generally black/very dk grey above, white below, with some white in the wings, especially a notable strip at the top of the wing; solid bill. It was fairly still when perched, and moved from branch to branch before flying off. among likely locals, raises the likely answer of White-winged Triller.