canberrabirds

Re: My Photos on Facebook

To: Julie Clark <>, COG Chatline <>
Subject: Re: My Photos on Facebook
From: John Harris <>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:21:53 +0000
Very gracious of you Julie.
It was not naïve of you thinking that your photos would not be used elsewhere. It was reasonable to trust the users of the chatline to have acted properly. Your photos should NOT have been used elswhere without permission.
However, it is good that the person responsible has done the right thing and contacted you and that this particular issue is now closed.
But as several other members have commented, the modern reality is that once an image is put out there, you cannot retain control of it.
Please don’t be discouraged. You have been sharing some very important images of late and many COG members are impressed and grateful.