canberrabirds

Raptor rapture in the Northern Burbs

To: Mark Clayton <>, Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Raptor rapture in the Northern Burbs
From: Harold Schranz <>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 23:03:26 +1000
Hi Mark

Thanks! I thought the relatively small beak size and the long middle toe were a giveaway but I just needed to be sure.

It looked in quite good condition considering its injuries but I was quite surprised to see it sitting on my fence. Usually I  get  the usual bird suspects (Currawongs, Wattlebirds, Noisy Miners, Sparrows, parrots of all persuasions though no Gang-gangs due to the lack of tall trees with yummy stuff! I can only offer a couple of moderately tall pines and a bird bath - amazing the size of birds that have taken to sitting in it!).

I'm running out of unidentified photos; I'll have to dig through my collection to find the others  - enough for another day! 8-)

Thanks
Harold