canberrabirds

at Kelly Swamp (1): return of the Red-necked Pochard

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>, "" <>
Subject: at Kelly Swamp (1): return of the Red-necked Pochard
From: "Maconachie, Michael" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 22:05:13 +0000

Unfortunately there is plenty of plastic waste in the wetlands – we filled many sacks from the half hectare block of willow/alder we cleared at the mouth of the Jerra Creek. The two main sources are down the Jerra Creek when it floods and into the back of the Billabong area from Fyshwick – again after heavy rain.

Michael Maconachie

Senior Ranger

Jerrabomberra Wetlands Nature Reserve

ACT Parks and Conservation Service