canberrabirds

Red-kneed Dotterel on nest

To: "Canberra birds" <>
Subject: Red-kneed Dotterel on nest
From: "Wallaces" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 22:03:32 +1100

There are 40 breeding records for Black-fronted Dotterel, the majority from the ACT. As to why there is a difference, apart from the obvious that they have different breeding requirements and Black-fronted Dotterels are recorded more frequently than Red-kneed Dotterels in the COG AOI,  I don’t know and I do not have access to HANZAB to check if it has any suggestions.

Steve

Breeding records only

RAOUName

NbrObserved

ObservationDate

Year ending 30 June

GridNbr

State

BreedingCodeDescription

Location

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

25-Dec-12

2013

L12

ACT

Dependent young

Lyneham Yowani Golf Club(L12)

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

25-Dec-12

2013

L12

ACT

Dependent young

Lyneham Yowani Golf Club(L12)

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

27-Oct-12

2013

F13

ACT

Dependent young

Fairlight Homestead Dam

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

22-Jan-12

2012

G12

ACT

Nest with eggs

Urriara East recreation area

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

07-Jan-12

2012

M14

ACT

Bird on or seen leaving nest

Fyshwick Sewerage Pond - far right

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

30-Oct-10

2011

J19

ACT

Copulation

Tharwa Sandwash(J19)

Black-fronted Dotterel

4

20-Feb-09

2009

J19

ACT

Dependent young

Tharwa Sandwash(J19)

Black-fronted Dotterel

4

17-Nov-08

2009

Q16

NSW

Dependent young

Carwoola 60 Whiskers Creek Road (Q16)

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

23-Sep-07

2008

J19

ACT

Copulation

Tharwa Sandwash(J19)

Black-fronted Dotterel

5

21-Jan-07

2007

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Paddocks to north of Kellys carpark, including paleochannels & Molonglo Reach

Black-fronted Dotterel

6

02-Dec-06

2007

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Kellys Swamp

Black-fronted Dotterel

01-Sep-06

2007

K03

NSW

Breeding

Woodlands

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

18-Feb-06

2006

G12

ACT

Dependent young

Uriarra Crossing

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

21-Feb-04

2004

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Kellys Swamp, Jerrabomberra Wetlands, CNP

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

09-Jan-04

2004

J19

ACT

Dependent young

Tharwa Sandwash Reserve

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

15-Oct-98

1999

G12

ACT

Copulation

Woodstock Nature Reserve.  300m down stream of Uriarra Crossing.  Eastern side of Murrumbidgee.

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

15-Oct-98

1999

G12

ACT

Copulation

Woodstock Nature Reserve.  300m downstream from Uriarra Crossing, eastern side of Murrumbidgee.

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

04-Jan-98

1998

O21

NSW

Dependent young

1km WNW of confluence of Lighthouse Ck and Queanbeyan R

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

01-Jan-98

1998

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Kellys Swamp

Black-fronted Dotterel

1

11-Dec-94

1995

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

Black-fronted Dotterel

5

04-Dec-94

1995

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

Black-fronted Dotterel

3

04-Dec-94

1995

M15

ACT

Breeding

Jerrabomberra Wetlands

Black-fronted Dotterel

2

21-Nov-94

1995

S25

NSW

Nest with eggs

Captains Flat to Jerangle Road, at 'Clea' property

Black-fronted Dotterel

16

06-Mar-94

1994

L14

ACT

Dependent young

Kellys Swamp, Fyshwick sewage ponds

Black-fronted Dotterel

14

27-Feb-92

1992

E07

NSW

Nest with eggs

Murrumbidgee R & Burrinjuck Res W of Taemas Bridge

Black-fronted Dotterel

1

27-Jan-91

1991

C07

NSW

Display

Yass Road near "Salt Box" Hs

Black-fronted Dotterel

1

18-Nov-90

1991

L03

NSW

Nest with eggs

Yellangalo

Black-fronted Dotterel

1

06-Jan-90

1990

J19

ACT

Bird on or seen leaving nest

Smith's Rd, Murrumbidgee River, Gudgenby River

Black-fronted Dotterel

1

05-Nov-89

1990