canberrabirds

Isaacs Ridge - was Re: [canberrabirds] Identifying bird calls

To: "'Rob Geraghty'" <>, "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Isaacs Ridge - was Re: [canberrabirds] Identifying bird calls
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 13:01:35 +1100
Inasmuch as I can make out anything on the photo, by increasing the brightness, it appears to match in colour a White-throated Gerygone but nothing in the sound matches that. What little you write about what they were doing (plural rather than one) and what little I can hear, suggests more likely to be Striated Thornbills, which could maybe match the picture. Then again it could be more than one species together.

I suggest if it matters to you, go there and try again. Also I suggest direct your efforts more towards looking at them and consulting a book whilst you are there, than trying to photograph and record them.