canberrabirds

Field guides

To: "muriel story" <>, "Sue-Ellen and Ray" <>
Subject: Field guides
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:29:16 +1100
See also:

http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~stocky/books.html  for some guidance on Oz field guides.

Tony

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [canberrabirds] Field guides

If you want a pocket guide for around Canberra the National Parks Association of the ACT  Field Guide to The Birds of the ACT is comprehensive and  fits neatly into a back pocket of one's jeans.

Otherwise one of the narrow Morcombe formats can squeeze into a large leg-pocket; Morcombe covers Australia as a whole.

Muriel