canberrabirds

Rainbow Lorikeet Richardson

To: kym bradley <>
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeet Richardson
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:14:48 +1100
Having observed how Rainbow Lorikeets have moved into natural areas surrounding Melbourne - places where they never existed in my childhood - I understand your excitement about the first arrival of a Rainbow in your back yard in Canberra. However, I fear Canberrans in general, and COG members in particular will come to regret their arrival.

The current range of Parrots which have up until now called Canberra home may well be out-competed by these noisy, aggressive birds.

I am not suggesting any remedy to the problem, as I doubt there is one.
Just commenting.

regards

Denis Wilson