canberrabirds

winterbirds 2011

To: "Cog Chatline" <>
Subject: winterbirds 2011
From: "Roger Curnow" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:28:09 +1000
Hi Geoffrey

Out in H11 i  haven’t seen one Dusky woodswallow since June 1.
Last year I could find 37 (? haven’t checked my records) most days.

  roger

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:16 PM
Subject: RE: [canberrabirds] winterbirds 2011

Yes Tony – the summary of last year’s exercise is in the list archive for 3 August 2010.  There were 5 reports of reed-warblers for those 8 weeks, single birds at various locations.

My impression is that there are less of the targeted species around this year.  Whatever the actual temp readings, I think this Winter has a harder edge to it.