canberrabirds

Re: Chestnut-rumped Hylacola

To: Nicki Taws <>
Subject: Re: Chestnut-rumped Hylacola
From: Denis Wilson <>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 00:44:46 +1000
I can confidently say that my father (Steve Wilson) netted on New Chum's Road over many years, and we never saw, let alone caught a Chestnut-rumped Hylacola there (or anywhere for that matter). It was wall to wall tall, dense Dry Sclerophyll Forest in those days, with wet Fern Gullies in the creeks. So I am wondering about the impact of bush fires.

Cheers
Denis Wilson