canberrabirds

Re: Pardalote nest hollows

To: "Peter Ormay" <>, "Hastir, Chris" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Pardalote nest hollows
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:46:00 +1100
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for this.  Some years ago I made a couple of nest boxes to what I thought were your design but in my case I placed the entrance in the plywood blocking one of the ends with a dowel perch for them to land on.  I note that your entrances are a natural hole along the length of the log.

I did have success one year in one of the boxes but nothing since.  Do you think it is necessary to have what I would call a side entrance rather than an end entrance?

Chris