canberrabirds

Possible Musk Lorikeets in Watson

To: <>
Subject: Possible Musk Lorikeets in Watson
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:14:43 +1100
I did not see what these others did see and so am not going to comment on what it would or would not be, but I just add the suggestion that observers consider the possibility of escaped lovebirds of various species. These are common pets and do escape or get released and so they do occur in the urban areas. Those that are in the (usual) mostly green plumage are quite lorikeet-like in appearance and could easily be mistaken in a quick view. So just because they are not in our field guides does not mean it is not a possibility to be eliminated from the list in quick observation situations.

Philip

-----Original Message-----   From: Dow, Coral (DPS) [ Sent: Friday, 1 January 2010 1:13 PM