canberrabirds

This is not a real snake.......

To: "'Charmian Lawson'" <>, "'COG'" <>
Subject: This is not a real snake.......
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 22:57:53 +1000
Charmain,

Nice story. Of course, even if birds will be initially fooled by a rubber snake, they will realise after a short time, that it is not harmful, after it does not move. However the same birds will rarely if at all, learn that a mirror is not another rival. They will continue this silliness towards the mirror. It is more practical to when parked just put a rag, secured by tying it on, or an old sock, over the mirror, so that the birds cannot see their reflection. It should only be necessary to do this for a short time (weeks maybe).

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902

02 - 62314041