canberrabirds

Me Too! Comment on macropod numbers

To: "'Rob Geraghty'" <>, "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Me Too! Comment on macropod numbers
From: "Paul Fennell" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 06:39:22 +1000
The vast herds of kangaroos that I saw on the March survey at the Majura
Firing range were much reduced for the June survey.  There were still a
reasonable number of roos there, nearly all pairs of nervous teenager like
juveniles.

A couple of weeks before Elsa and I drove from Canberra to Marree and back
to look at Lake Eyre.  On the way over and back, through Wagga, Hay,
Renmark, Burra, Hawker, Leigh Creek we saw in total 2 Red Kangaroos, 6
Eastern Grey Kangaroos (about three sightings) and about 8 Emus (three
sightings).  Almost no road kill.

Where are they all?

Cheers

Paul