canberrabirds

DW-s Migration

Subject: DW-s Migration
From: David McDonald <>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:23:08 +1000
Two DUSWOO on Weroona Road, Wamboin, today, as well. New Birchmans Estate was virtually bird-free.
Cheers - David

Philip Veerman wrote:
Like Jenny, I have had Dusky Woodswallows also over my house today
(about 8 I think but some at or above the limits of observability until
using the binoculars). Chris at the last COG meeting talked about
observing the "last" Dusky Woodswallows but we do have small numbers
present through the winter at least some years although maybe not the
same birds.
Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902
-----Original Message----- From: Jenny Bounds Sent: Saturday, 18 April 2009 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [canberrabirds] Honeyeater Migration

I had a similar number around 1000 or more fly over my Weston house
about the same time as Sandra between 9-10am on Friday.

They were coming from the SW, from the Chapman/Murrumbidgee River
direction and headed for Oakey Hill to the NE. Majority were Yellow-faced, with smaller number of White naped.

This morning (Sat), there were a few small flocks of honeyeaters (less
than 100 total) passing over, including two Fuscous which stopped briefly in my trees. A dozen Dusky Woodswallows also passed over.
cheers
Jenny

List manager: David McDonald, email
<>

--
David McDonald
Canberra Ornithologists Group email lists manager