canberrabirds

a further blitz update

To: <>
Subject: a further blitz update
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:49:08 +1100

The current blitz datasheet count is 288 (236 hard copy and 52 electronic), with more promised. So far we have records for 107 grid cells; 165 bird species; and 75 species breeding. Would those people who have not yet handed in their datasheets please do so promptly. At the COG meeting last Wednesday, we conducted a lucky draw for book prizes from amongst those participants who had submitted blitz datasheets by that time. Amongst the general participants, the winners were Shaun Bagley, John Chey, Bill Compston, Matthew Larkin, Bruce Lindenmayer, Alison Mackerras, Nicki Munro, Muriel Story, Kathy Walter and Tony Willis. The “special effort” prize – a special bottle from the Dick Schodde cellar – was drawn from the 31 blitzers who blitzed both days and was won by Stuart Harris. And we presented two books of Penny Olsen’s as a special award to our youthful blitzers Julian Teh and Tobias Hayashi. Many thanks to Penny and Dick and also to Phyl Goddard, Shirley Kral and Joe Barr for the prizes. b