canberrabirds

possible Scarlet Honeyeater, Little Wattlebird at ANBG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED

To: "'Perkins, Harvey'" <>, <>
Subject: possible Scarlet Honeyeater, Little Wattlebird at ANBG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:21:59 +1000

As Harvey recalls, there have been regular if infrequent sightings of Scarlet Honeyeaters in the ANBG. COG’s rarities records show that records of male SHs from the Gardens were endorsed in October 1991, October 1995 and September 1999. They are more regularly recorded from the northern suburbs (Ainslie, Bruce, Weetangera, Florey, Cook) in most years, and generally in September or October. The southern suburbs and MRC account for only four endorsed records.

Barbara Allan, secretary, COG’s rarities panel