canberrabirds

GBS Obs

To: "COG-L" <>
Subject: GBS Obs
From: "Lindsay Hansch" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:40:33 +1000

On Tuesday while doing my GBS count here in Jerrabomberra, I noticed two parrots which I initially listed as Crimson Rosellas (the common species around here).  I subsequently saw them briefly again and changed my mind, listing them as Eastern Rosellas.  However, on closer examination I came to the conclusion that they were hybrids, featuring yellow bellies, yellow on the backs and red heads but with blue cheek patches.  Our resident swans have produced their first offspring (4) and Little Grassbirds and Reed-warblers have arrived.  Also, today we have had flocks of up to 20 Yellow Faced Honeyeaters passing through.

Regards

Lindsay Hansch