canberrabirds

possible Scarlet Honeyeater, Little Wattlebird at ANBG

To: "'Tobias Hayashi'" <>, <>
Subject: possible Scarlet Honeyeater, Little Wattlebird at ANBG
From: "Anthony Overs" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:08:52 +1000

Wow, top work Tobias, a great find! Definitely a female Scarlet Honeyeater. They have a distinctive call, did she make a sound?

Here is a shot of a female Scarlet Honeyeater in my hand: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aovers/258077144/sizes/l/in/set-72157594249322827/

Note they share the following: almost a golden hue to the primary feather edges, pale buff edges to the greater coverts, some reddish wash on the shoulder, whitish marks above and below the eye, and the rather short curved bill.

Cheers

Anthony