canberrabirds

CIMAG AGM 27 AUG.

To: "Cog line" <>
Subject: CIMAG AGM 27 AUG.
From: "Bruce Lindenmayer" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:47:55 +1000
Canberra Indian Myna Action Group's Second Annual General Meeting will be held at the Western District Rugby Union Club, Catchpole St, Macquarie on Wednesday 27 August 2008, starting at 7.30pm. There is plenty of parking space nearby in the Jamison Centre carpark.

CIMAG membership has grown rapidly to more than 500 since its foundation in 2006, as Canberra's citizens have reacted emphatically to the threats posed by the introduced Indian Myna to our native species and their habitats.

CIMAG's activities to date have included  education and public information programs, a highly successful trapping program (which has already removed more than 18,000 mynas).  There has been excellent co-operation with Commonwealth and ACT Government bodies, the RSPCA, the Co-operative Research Centre for Invasive Animals and like-minded groups and local government bodies throughout NSW.

Both the Commonwealth and ACT Governments have provided grants to support CIMAG's publicity and trap making programs, and CIMAG strongly supports the Australian National University's longstanding Indian Myna research program.

After brief formalities, committee reports and the election of office-bearers, we will have presentations from Dr Tony Peacock from the Invasive Animals CRC, our Patron, Dr Chris Tidemann and PhD student, Kate Grarock from the ANU.

We will then have a members' session where people can ask questions or discuss their own experiences or ideas.

Tea, coffee and biscuits will be free. Other drinks at bar prices.