canberrabirds

Koel

To: "Mark Clayton" <>
Subject: Koel
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:34:14 +1000
Responding to Mark's comment, the table below shows the count of some types of breeding records for Red Wattlebird from Years 24 -26 of the GBS.  This shows that in those three years by week 31 there have been a few NB and NY records and even a couple of DYs.  The main bulk of such records does, as Mark's comment indicates, come a little later.

Week Number 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
NB 1 1 0 0 2 2 2 4 2 2 1 1 2 1 0 1 0
NY 0 1 2 2 0 0 0 1 1 2 1 5 5 6 3 2 4
DY 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 2 2 2 7 8 16 27 30 23 23

Following on from Geoffrey's earlier comment the GBS reporting of Common Koel in Year 26 was the same as earlier years.

Martin