canberrabirds

Fuscus Honeyeaters Directions Newline Paddock

To: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Subject: Fuscus Honeyeaters Directions Newline Paddock
From: "Kamprad" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:26:03 +1000
We climbed through the fence just as you walk through the gates from where we park our cars. We walked across the paddock to the dam then continued up hill to the top left hand corner (I believe it is the south-eastern corner)  of the paddock. There are some shipping containers on the other side of the fence.
The honeyeaters, Brown Treecreepers and a Crested Shrike-tit were in the Box trees between the dam and that corner. The Box trees have begun to flower but still have plenty of buds yet to open.
Later I got a report of 2 Jacky Winters near our usual car parking area.
I really do agree with you about calling this 'Newline Paddock'.
The Fuscous HE are really lovely to see. There are some in breeding plumage, some not, some juv. and some quiet greeny ones. Occasionally you can get a very good view of the head and see the markings.
Julienne