canberrabirds

Re willows

To: "roger curnow" <>
Subject: Re willows
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:04:59 +1000
I have just consulted the ACT Government website in search of any information about clearance of willows in the Territory but that cupboard was bare.  Does anyone on this list have any official knowledge of the reason for the current clearances or is it simply that these willows are the 'bad' species and funds are available to hire a bulldozer?

Are willows in other areas of LBG (eg the other cormorant/darter nesting site at Sullivans Creek - Black Mtn Peninsula) going to be cleared?  My impression is the birds nest in willows rather than poplars.

Martin