canberrabirds

no Swift Parrots

To: <>
Subject: no Swift Parrots
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:13:36 +1000

I am reasonably certain there have been none there recently, Denis, but I once reported a Knob-frequenting Superb Parrot that was greeted with equal scepticism.  Incidentally, it remains ‘Rocky Knob’:  see Yellow Pages Map 69 K11.  The name ‘Rocky Knoll’ was coined for, and in the course of resisting development of, the nearby block on which senior citizens’ units have been constructed.