canberrabirds

Olive Whistler, Pilotbird at Monga NP

To: <>
Subject: Olive Whistler, Pilotbird at Monga NP
From: "Tobias Hayashi" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:28:34 +1000
Thanks to all who responded to my query about Monga NP. Today I just did a 3 hour walk along River Forest Road, but I will attempt the Corn Trail later in the year.

Along the River Forest Road, highlights were a pair of Pilotbirds and an Olive Whistler. Both were new species for me, and I got photos of both. I was particularly glad about the Olive Whistler, as I had been missing them for a long time. Also present were Red-browed Treecreepers, quite a few Crescent Honeyeaters, a Large-billed Scrubwren and migrating Yellow-faced and White-naped Honeyeaters. At the Mongarlowe Picnic area there was more Red-browed Treecreepers, Eastern Yellow Robins and another Olive Whistler. I stalked the latter for around 30 minutes and came off with some quite good photos. It was not very shy, but it tended to slip away quietly and then would be very hard to find.

Cheers,
Tobias