canberrabirds

Bazzas

To: "canberra birds" <>
Subject: Bazzas
From: "Sharon Rusk" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:47:19 +1100
Hi!
Last week I was wondering if this was the end of the avian world as we knew it. Well I think it is, with the birds that are normally seen hundreds of Kilometres north of Ulladulla are visiting so frequently that I think they can put on the unusual visiter list instead of the rare list.
   Last week a friend, Mike Crowley, informed me of 3 Pacific Bazzas around the Moruya area and last night I saw 3 also here in Ulla.  If they are one and the same trio I wouldn't know, but Mike is trying to find out if his trio are still there. To whether they have bred I don't know either but one of them was a lot scruffier than the other two.
    I think that one of the more annoying things is that for a month or so I've been nurturing my wife into twitching and in the last few weeks she has seen birds that I have hoped,prayed,sold my soul even to see, for more years than I can remember and there she is ticking rarities left right and centre every week. The thing is that while I'm doing summersaults, twirls and such, my wife looks on nonplussed. She regards them the same as you would a Cocky as "They must be common! they flew over the verandah didn't they? and we didn't have to hunt them down did we?", I just can't explain how massive the odds are for this to happen.
 Well back to the real world, sorry! we now have more than enough people for the Ulladulla Ultra trip so I'm afraid that we   have to close the bookings.

Cheers
Bob Rusk

Ps The people with money that think that they can buy a spot on the trip are right,I'm open to discreet bribes.