canberrabirds

Superb Parrots and Koels

To: "Canberra birds" <>
Subject: Superb Parrots and Koels
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:45:44 +1100
>From all the reports, it seems there was a bit of an influx of Superbs to the
>northside over the weekend.  I can also report 2 flying over Coulter Drive
>near Belconnen Town Centre yesterday (Sunday 16th), and about 6 seen from my
>place in Macquarie.

A pair of Koels was active in Macquarie for much of yesterday.  At one point I
was treated to a brief, but remarkable, aerobatic display, worthy of a falcon,
by a Pied Currawong as it attacked a male Koel in flight!

A male Koel was also calling this morning at about 8.15am while I was waiting
for a bus in Bennelong Crescent.

Regards
Frank Antram