canberrabirds

Old friends

To: <>
Subject: Old friends
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:08:49 +1100

The Handbook of the Birds of the World generously provides a website with videos of a wide selection of birds.  You might remember Nicholas Talbot’s remarkable energy in submitting clips to this.  My own editing is way behind, but I have a modest selection of species on the site.  Downloading video can be a bit tedious and is not to everyone’s taste, but if you want to try it you might recognise some old friends, eg our own Pied Coot, Yarralumla bowerbirds, Dr P Owl, the Superb Parrots of the Belconnen police precinct,  Philip’s WF Honeyeater etc.  The link is:

http://ibc.hbw.com/ibc/phtml/contributor.phtml?idContributor=80

Those who subscribe to the Handbook might be interested in Josep del Hoyo’s autobiographical note which precedes his own huge collection of clips.