canberrabirds

Harry 1985?-2007

To: Sandra Henderson <>, <>
Subject: Harry 1985?-2007
From: Stuart Harris <>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:42:09 +1100
Sandra & COG

It is unfortunate that the Dairy flat carpark at Jerra can be used by hoodlums for their 'circlework'. Last year I spoke to numerous Environment ACT officials and rangers over time about redesigning the carpark to make it non-conducive for this anti-social activity.  To my delight, after not visiting the carpark for a few months, I notice that they have now placed large boulders around the carpark (more efficient than coppers logs) though unfortunately they didn't heed my suggestion to place a row in the middle of the carpark (which would stop circlework where they need a wide area to slide sideways).  If anyone from COG has influence with Environment ACT or the relevant authority, could you please request a few more boulders be placed centrally in the carpark so that we can enjoy our birdwatching without fear of having our cars sprayed with the rocks that currently make up the surface of the carpark.
My car has more scratches than a West Sydney newsagent but it is more a principle matter, and a case of a little (landscaping) going a long way (to curb anti-social behaviour) and to retain the tranquility that defines Jerra as a primo reserve and user friendly, birdwatching habitat.\
Regards
Stuart Harris

"Everything is relative, everything is valid!"