canberrabirds

Do magpies sleep? + owl

Subject: Do magpies sleep? + owl
From: "dj flotek" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:04:34 +0000

Yep,

It's not un-common for me to hear magpies talking in their sleep through the
night. It is very common for me to hear magpie chirps about 3-2 hours before
sunrise. I have no idea what they are doing. I'd like to think that they are
talking in their sleep :)

PS: The first bird you hear in the morning is almost always a magpie (from
my experience). I have bad memories of early-morning-maggies. It all came
about during earlier times in my life where I would stay up all night. When
you start hearing the magpie call from about 5-6am, you know you have stayed
up too late. I wont go into the detail, as most of you could imagine. But
that early morning magpie ring in the ears sends me back to the all-nighter
days. Ooooh, I don't know, but it's bad hahaha.

Cheers.