canberrabirds

FW: Diamond Firetail Finches [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "fibrusy" <>
Subject: FW: Diamond Firetail Finches [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 18:13:28 +1000
Bruce
Here is my older list of sites for Diamond firetails for Canberra (see below)
The most reliable site at the moment appears to be
West of MacGregor (or close to there: at Jarramlee- end of Ginninderra Dr)
on Googlemaps seach for: MacGregor Canberra
Walk West from the end of Cannan cresent along a dirt Rd to an old sewerage works (~500m). They are along this Rd.
An alternative is Coppins Crossing, walk West along the North side of the river (Molonglo River).

Other sites where large numbers of Diamond firetails have been seen recently (although not by me) are along the Monaro Highway, search for Williamsdale Rd or Kelly's Rd on Google maps. This is longer to get to.

Other sites are listed below.

COG, if I made any mistakes please change them.

Benj Whitworth