canberrabirds

White-fronted Honeyeater: Happy hour this weekend

To: <>
Subject: White-fronted Honeyeater: Happy hour this weekend
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:09:59 +1000
Subject: White-fronted Honeyeater is still in KAMBAH

Hi All,

As the bird has been here every day for the past 22 days (including today), I am offering a special Happy hour viewing from 11.00 am till mid day on Saturday 21 July. Free admission (obviously but I thought I would say so to be amusing). If the weather is very cold or overcast or raining, the bird tends to sit still and is likely to be harder to find and so I'll suggest 2.00 pm till 3.00 pm instead. If it is still bad weather then I'll defer till Sunday. This is to allow me to plan around other things for the weekend. I cannot be certain but I am confident that, as the bird is so predictable, that if you come for an hour you will be able to see it for most of the hour (probably). So far somewhere near 20 to 30 people have seen it and no one who has been here has missed out on seeing it. I suggest you bring a binoculars, a chair and a book and warm clothes (and a camera if you wish). I will provide a light fruit cake.

For those that don't realise, this is a second ACT record (could almost be considered as part of the first ACT record and you would normally need to travel about 600 km (each way) to get to an area where the species is likely to be. I'm sure there will still be a lot of people that would like to see it. And if you miss out there is always Kambah Pool or Mt Taylor etc that is worth looking at. One person is coming from Melbourne to see it (actually he is visiting Queanbeyan for some other reason but he wants to see the bird here).

Directions as before, arrive via Hiles Place and turn right at the top of the T.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
KAMBAH   ACT  2902

Phone. 62314041