canberrabirds

Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Weebills again

To: "chat line" <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [canberrabirds] Weebills again
From: "Harvey Perkins" <>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 08:59:32 +1000

On 02/05/07, Michael & Janette Lenz <> wrote:
My comments on Weebills and also Rod's were not just concerning recent higher numbers but also presence in areas where they normally don't occur, and this already over a few months.

I have noticed Weebills to be more prevalent than usual over the past few months (probably all summer - I should check my GBS records) in the area around my place in Summerland Cct Kambah. I don't know that numbers are necessarily higher as it is difficult to know whether they are the same or different groups moving about (and Weebills are one of the species I find difficult to estimate numbers well, as many records are based on calls only), but I am certainly recording them on a much more regular basis.

Harvey