canberrabirds

pale headed rosella in Torrens

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: pale headed rosella in Torrens
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:45:28 +1000
Its a newbie for the GBS - there wasn't even a code for this species in the Birdlist.  (Quite reasonably, too: however there is one now, waiting for Ruth's chart.)

If the aviculturists are organised and have a website it would be good if they publicised it so that COGites spotting their (presumably quite valuable) birds wandering the streets could report them.

It was not uncommon to see wistful notices about lost parrots stuck on lamposts on Manhattan.  The notices recognised the value of the birds, and the driving motivation of most people in that Borough, by featurng the word "Reward" fairly prominently!

Martin