canberrabirds

a great friend

To: "Lashko Susan" <>, <>
Subject: a great friend
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:42:39 +1100
Sue, the news this morning came as a very great shock for me - I was devastated to hear this had happened to someone still so young and seemingly fit and with still so much life to live and birds to see. Tom was a very popular and highly respected member of COG, we shall all miss him and his cheerful disposition very deeply.

Tom was never one to push himself to the fore, yet he was a great worker for COG and many members will have had contact with him and benefited from his wisdom, humour and enthusiasm. I'm sure that all members and subscribers to this chat line with join with me, as President of COG, in passing on our very sincerest condolences to Jane and her family.

Tom was to have lead the mid week outing to Newline tomorrow morning. As a mark of respect, this has been cancelled. Following his presentation at the November meeting I'll never be able to see another whiteface without fondly remembering Tom.

Jack Holland