canberrabirds

RE:Raptor sighting Kellies....

Subject: RE:Raptor sighting Kellies....
From: "terry gourlay" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:07:00 +0000
Hi All,
at 7.30 last night I was paddling my canoe about 200 paces North of the Steel framed bridge,a large Hawk flew up and across the River,the light was excellent,it was Blue on the back as it rose to sit in a tree its rufousy front could be seen,I looked at it for about five minutes through 12x Field glasses,sadly however I moved the canoe the tail was obscured,eventualy he flew off not very far I would say....So it was NOT a B.Goshawk or a Falcon could only be a Spotted Harrier Not a record I have seen several so it is not a big deal,more a request for observers to be alert in that area....On the way home it was darkling and I saw my first Mopoke this year....A rufous one so it may well be the progeny of or even conceivably the Rufous Mother who bred so prolifically about a decade ago...Terry Gourlay

Join the millions of Australians using Live Search. Try live.com.au http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=740&referral=million&URL=http://live.com.au