canberrabirds

Coppins larks.

To: <>, "mat&cathy gilfedder" <>
Subject: Coppins larks.
From: "Kamprad" <>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:32:30 +1100
Thank you to all those who gave advice on the Coppins Larks
I went at 9am and stayed 1.5 hrs. I parked the car at the 'owners not renters' sign on Coppins Rd and had a good view down towards Coppins Crossing. It was warm and blowing a strong wind. On my arrival my target bird, the Singing Bushlark was sitting on the fence about 50m from the 'owners not renters ' sign as Roger Curnow described. As I sat having my morning tea I saw a juv. Richards Pipit and at least 2 Skylarks, one of which eventually displayed its crest when it alighted on a thistle. I saw some suspect Brown Songlarks but did not get good enough views to be sure.
Julienne